Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quince and Apple Jams

Quince and Apple was so gracious to send me the Mini Jams and Jars set.
Quince and Apple is a company that I found on Foodzie. They are based out of Madison, Wisconsin. (near me! Well, I'm in Iowa)

When I do reviews, the first thing I check out is the packaging. I have come to be spoiled with cute packaging when it comes receiving food products. The packaging that these came in did not disappoint me! I love the "country" look of brown paper "grass" and the cute crate that holds them will be put to good use long after the jams are gone.

Now, on to the taste. As you might of figured, I love to taste test jams and jellies.

I never stray from traditional flavors when I go to the store, so I like to be able to try new flavors. The flavor choices that you can pick are:

A. Shallot Confit, Pear, and Fig Preserves

B. Jars of Orange Marmalade, Pear, and Fig Preserves

Don't they all sound delicious?

I tried the Fig and Black Tea first and I have to say that I have never tried this flavor before.

I decided to try it on corn bread at the request of a friend. Very good! This could be used on toast or scone too. I've decided to wait on opening the others right now and am enjoying the look of them on my counter.

So, if you are looking for a homemade tasting jam, I would suggest Quince and Apple for great tasting jams and gift baskets.

"Quince and Apple sent me this product for review and I was not paid to do this review. This is my honest review."

0 comments:

Blog topics:

desserts, cakes, cookies, meats, mixers, knives, lobster, cooking, cooking books, recipes, food contests, cupcakes, dips, breakfast.